Behind the Seat Fuel Cell w/ -AN Fittings And Mount for Jeep YJ
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Check out the Motobilt behind the Seat Fuel Cell w/ -AN Fittings And Mount for Jeep YJ. This tank is industry leading in that is was designed specifically for the YJ to maximize fuel capacity while retaining the rear seat. Motobilt offers a solution for relocating the fuel tank in your Jeep YJ. There are a few universal options available like the popular RCI 2161a which is basically a rectangular aluminum fuel cell. It was not designed specifically for the Jeep YJ. The Motobilt Jeep YJ fuel tank was designed to fit behind the rear seat and maximize the space behind the seat. It is actually contoured and angled to fit behind the seat.
The tank has a capacity of roughly 18 US gallons. The Motobilt fuel tank is CNC cut from 1/8 inch aluminum and formed on a press brake. The tank is TIG welded for ultimate strength. The tank includes a large D-ring style cap. This can be converted to remote fill by purchasing a different filler neck system that utilizes a 12 bolt, 5.38 bolt circle flange.
The 2 clamp down bodies capture the top and all four sides of the tank and bolt securely to the mounting base. These parts are CNC Laser Cut but from 16 gauge steel. The parts are formed on a hydraulic press break. This mount will ensure your fuel cell is mounted securely. The Motobilt tank features three number 8 -AN fittings on top of the tank which are tig welded into place.
- Jeep YJ behind the seat fuel tank for use with external mounted fuel pump.
- 2 Number 8 -AN fittings on top of the tank which are tig welded into place
- weld in bung with included roll over valve
- Designed to fit behind the rear seat
- CNC cut from 1/8 inch aluminum
- Press brake formed
- Tank includes a large D-ring style cap
- 18 US gallons capacity
- Mount included
- Weight: 28lbs (approx.)
The fittings are for:
- 1. Vent with an included roll over valve pre-installed inside the tank.
- 2. A return line. #8 -AN
- 3. A pick up tube. The pickup has a barb fitting inside the tank and rubber hose extending to the bottom of the tank. #8 -AN
- In the bottom center of the tank we have welded a trap to hold the hose in the center. If you ever need to relocate the tube you can reach through the filler neck opening and move it.
- This fuel cell is used for applications where you are extending the wheel base and the rear axle would contact the factory fuel tank. It would also be used in situations where more ground clearance is needed. This kit works perfectly with the Motobilt Jeep YJ Back Half Kit where the frame rails are moved up and in for ultimate clearace.
- The Motobilt YJ Behind the Seat Tank will not fit in the Jeep TJ. It would have to be cut and clearanced in a few places. We plan to fabricate one specifically for the TJ at some point in the future.
- We have developed a mount specifically for the MB5000 Fuel Cell. The kit consists of three parts: the main under tank plate and two clamp bodies. The under tank plate is CNC Laser Cut from .125 inch high strength steel plate. Mounting brackets included
- We recommend using Permatex 80016 Form-A-Gasket number 2 Sealant to seal the contact surfaces. Including the fuel filler cap assembly as the gasket can deteriorate due to ethanol.
- 12 1/2"s tall
- 7"s wide at the top of the tank
- 10 1/4"s wide at the bottom of the tank
- 34 "s long
FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY.
If using an Apple device and the instructions link does not work, then click on the link below and hold down to download the link.