Back Half Frame Kit for Jeep TJ
SKU : MB3008
UPC Code: 686728654864
Vendor : Motobilt
Collections : Back & Front Half Kits, Best selling products, Best Selling Products, Jeep TJ 4 Link Suspension System, Jeep TJ 97-06, Motobilt, Parts $501 - $1000, Products, Tan One Ton Jeep TJ Build, Top Sellers,
The Motobilt Jeep TJ back half kit is the most complete on the market. This kit replaces the back section of frame rails to allow space to clear coilover shocks and increase departure angle. How does the the Jeep TJ back half kit do this? The Motobilt kit moves the frame rails from inside the wheel opening to the bottom side of the tube. In doing so the bumper location is moved up to just below the tailgate. This kit requires an experienced welder/fabricator to install.
Building custom four link suspension on a Jeep TJ does not have to be difficult. The Motobilt Jeep TJ back half kit is an effective way to gain clearance for suspension components like coilovers shocks, bypass shocks, or ORI struts. The Jeep TJ Back Half Kit moves the frame rails to the bottom side of the tube. The frame rails will mount directly to the bottom side of the rear floor board for a tight compact fit. It should be noted the kit requires cutting sheet metal on the body just below the tailgate to allow the frame rails to extend out. The bumper is then attached in this new location. The Motobilt kit comes complete with a rear bumper.
What does the Motobilt Jeep TJ back half kit include? The kit includes 7 parts total in the shipment. Two lower frame rails sections and two upper frame rail sections. The installer will joint the upper and lower sections together during the mock up stage of the installation. The fifth part is the rear bumper assembly. The rear bumper comes complete with 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts. The kit also comes with two end caps for the bumper and frame. These are welded in place to attach the rear bumper.
All of the parts of this kit other than the d-ring mounts are fabricated from 3/16 inch high strength steel plate and formed on a press brake. Unlike some of the other kits on the market we do not require you to purchase square tubing to complete the project. With that said we provide a flat point on the back center of the rear bumper for the installer to triangulate some round tubing if required. The 3/4 inch thick high strength steel plate d-ring mounts pass all the way through the rear bumper and weld in place on both sides for ultimate strength. The d-rings have a 1 inch hole in them.
- Jeep TJ frame back half kit
- Fabricated from 3/16 inch high strength steel plate
- Press brake formed
- 3/4 inch thick high strength steel plate d-ring mounts
- Sold as kit
- Weight: 88lbs (approx.)
Kit includes 7 parts total in the shipment
- Two lower frame rails sections and two upper frame rail sections
- The installer will joint the upper and lower sections together during the mock up stage of the installation
- The fifth part is the rear bumper assembly. The rear bumper comes complete with 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts
- The kit also comes with two end caps for the bumper and frame. These are welded in place to attach the rear bumper
- This kit will not work with the factory gas tank. Most people mount a fuel cell in the bed of the Jeep
- The kit will not work with the factory coil springs
- This kit is designed for more advanced Jeep builds where suspension and driving requirements demand more space and clearance
- We provide a flat point on the back center of the rear bumper for the installer to triangulate-some round tubing if required
- A body lift is NOT required.
- When installing do not remove the body as the factory body mounts in the center of the floor board are used to locate the back half kit when installing.
- The frame needs to be cut at the begining of the bend. The frame rail section must be straight in order for the new frame rail sections to slide over the factory frame rails.