Press Brake Operator APPLY NOW
Motobilt Inc, located in Ozark, Alabama is looking to add a full-time Experienced Press Brake Operator to their dynamic team.
Motobilt, Inc is a leading source for aftermarket Jeep and Truck Accessories. Motobilt has quickly become known for high quality products and service in the off-road community. We offer products from many of your favorite name brands including, bumpers, LED light bars, LED Light Bar Mounts, brackets, and tabs, and more.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate press brakes and other CNC machinery used in the fabrication department.
- Use CNC controller to input information into machine.
- Adjust ram and back gauge locations per process control instructions and drawings.
- Perform complex programming using all feature of the press brake.
- Program the CNC to produce new parts meeting specifications.
- Perform operator level maintenance.
- Assist other machine operators.
- Read mechanical engineering drawings.
- Select proper punches and dies based on material thickness and type.
- Set up tooling, load programs, and set machine parameters.
- Keep all quality standards; attention to detail is a must.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules, policies, and safety standards.
- Work effectively and efficiently with limited direction, alone or in a team environment.
- Willing to do whatever tasks are assigned; be flexible.
- Must be able to work from drawings and sketches, read and understand manuals/specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements
- Skilled in organizing work area before and after parts are processed, stacking completed parts properly on blocks or pallet to eliminate double handling and work efficiently
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine within capabilities
- Reports all machine malfunctions to management
- Ability to calculate, blank sizes, bend locations, appropriate tonnage and tooling for each part being formed
- Communicates with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
- Ability to safely lift to 70 lbs.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required
- Perform simple maintenance and repairs as required
- Must be able to read tape measure, use pry bar, be trained on and operate forklift, use hammer, wrenches, grinders, and all common hand tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to cross-train as back-up in other areas of the manufacturing plant and other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of position.
- Previous machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
- Requires the use of fairly complicated drawings, shop mathematics and a variety of precision measuring instruments with trade knowledge of drill presses.
- Some mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Solid mathematical skills - factions and decimal conversion
- Able to read and use a caliper tool and tape measure
- Press brake operating skills
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Read and understand mechanical engineering drawings
- Knowledge of sheet metal types used: Galvanized, SS, Aluminum
- Able & willing to work overtime as needed.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Willingness to do whatever job assigned each day.
- Work effectively with limited direction as well as in a team environment.
- Pass pre-employment & random drug screening.
- Applicant must have reliable transportation and excellent attendance.
At Motobilt, our products are designed in-house and Made in the USA. We pride ourselves in being industry leaders and innovators.
Salary depends on education/experience.
If you feel you have the qualifications for the position, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Must be able to work Monday through Friday 8:00am until 5:00pm
Other benefits include: BCBS Insurance with the company paying a portion of the monthly premium, 40 hours vacation and 40 hours personal time after one year of continuous employment.'
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 401K Program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- CNC Machine: 3 years (Preferred)
- Press brake machine: 3 years (Preferred)
|||Ozark, Alabama 36360|||||||||IeaXQDbYx~M1McIZ|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false