Wheelbase Stretch Kit for Jeep YJ
SKU : MB1500
UPC Code: 686728652785
Vendor : Motobilt
The Motobilt Jeep Wrangler YJ Wheelbase Stretch Kit is a great way to move your rear axle back roughly 6 inches. The Motobilt Jeep Wrangler Wheelbase Stretch Kit is designed to use Jeep XJ rear leaf springs on the rear of your Jeep YJ (1987-1995). Installing this kit moves the rear axle back about 6 inches. The kit incorporates a custom rear bumper and shackle hangers in one part. The shackle hangers are positioned high on the bumper to keep the overall Jeep ride height lower for better center of gravity. The ends of the bumper are tapered in to allow better clearance for the shackles with the rear axle at full droop.
The kit comes with a custom set of leaf spring shackles designed to clear the bumper in the range of movement. The rear bumper also features 3/4 inch thick d-ring recovery mounts that pass through the bumper and welded on both sides. The bumper welds to the back of the factory cross member and has two side frame plates to cover the sides. This kit does include new spring shackles as noted. The shackles are CNC laser cut from 1/4 inch high strength steel plate. The shackles measure 4 inches center to center and do have a 3rd cross bolt for additional support.
- Jeep Wrangler YJ Wheelbase Stretch Kit
- 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
- Can also be used on 1997-2006 Jeep TJ when converting to leaf springs
- The bumper is 3/16 inch laser cut steel plate
- 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts
- Incorporated shackle mounts
- Moves the axle back 6 inches
- Measures 42.5 inch wide
- Includes new shackles and shackle spacer
- Sold as kit
- Weight: 35lbs (approx.)
- Purchase a bushing kit if you require the shackle bushing kit
- We typically use a stock XJ leaf spring in the back and factory YJ springs for the front.
- We offer optional spring hangers (Part #: MB1531) if you prefer to reuse your YJ rear springs