Wheelbase Stretch Kit for Jeep YJ
SKU : MB1500
Vendor : Motobilt
Product Type : Suspension
The Motobilt Jeep Wrangler YJ Wheelbase Stretch Kit is a great way to move your rear axle back roughly 6 inches. The Motobilt Jeep Wrangler Wheelbase Stretch Kit is designed to use Jeep XJ rear leaf springs on the rear of your Jeep YJ (1987-1995). Installing this kit moves the rear axle back about 6 inches. The kit incorporates a custom rear bumper and shackle hangers in one part. The shackle hangers are positioned high on the bumper to keep the overall Jeep ride height lower for better center of gravity. The ends of the bumper are tapered in to allow better clearance for the shackles with the rear axle at full droop.
The kit comes with a custom set of leaf spring shackles designed to clear the bumper in the range of movement. The rear bumper also features 3/4 inch thick d-ring recovery mounts that pass through the bumper and welded on both sides. The bumper welds to the back of the factory cross member and has two side frame plates to cover the sides. This kit does include new spring shackles as noted. The shackles are CNC laser cut from 1/4 inch high strength steel plate. The shackles measure 4 inches center to center and do have a 3rd cross bolt for additional support.
Bushings NOT included.
- Jeep Wrangler YJ Wheelbase Stretch Kit
- 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
- Can also be used on 1997-2006 Jeep TJ when converting to leaf springs
- The bumper is 3/16 inch laser cut steel plate
- 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts
- Incorporated shackle mounts
- Moves the axle back 6 inches
- Measures 42.5 inch wide
- Includes new shackles and shackle spacer
- Sold as kit
- Weight: 35lbs (approx.)
- BUSHINGS NOT INCLUDED. If you require bushings then purchase a bushing kit. PN# “Bushingkit”
- Hardware NOT included qty (6) 1/2”x5” Grade 8 bolts with locker washers and nuts.
- We typically use a stock XJ leaf spring in the back and factory YJ springs for the front.
- If purchasing new rear springs simply match the height of the XJ springs to that of the front YJ springs. I.e. 2.5” springs in front, then 2.5” in rear.
- We offer optional spring hangers (Part #: MB1531) if you prefer to reuse your YJ rear springs, if using XJ springs then these are NOT necessary.
See one of our customer’s install videos for some tips by clicking here.
- Dispatch: Within 24 Hours
- Free shipping across all products on a minimum purchase of $50.
- International delivery time - 7-10 business days
- Cash on delivery might be available
- Easy 30 days returns and exchanges
If you do not like the product you can return it within 15 days - no questions asked. This excludes bodysuits, swimwear and clearance sale items. We have an easy and hassle free return policy. Please look at our Delivery & Returns section for further information.
Nam tempus turpis at metus scelerisque placerat nulla deumantos solicitud felis. Pellentesque diam dolor, elementum etos lobortis des mollis ut risus. Sedcus faucibus an sullamcorper mattis drostique des commodo pharetras loremos.Donec pretium egestas sapien et mollis. Pellentesque diam dolor cosmopolis etos lobortis.
- Comodous in tempor ullamcorper miaculis.
- Pellentesque vitae neque mollis urna mattis laoreet.
- Divamus sit amet purus justo.
- Proin molestie egestas orci ac suscipit risus posuere loremous.
Wheelbase Stretch Kit for Jeep YJ
You Might Also Like
(You save: $76.80)
(You save: $67.90)