Full Width Axle Conversion Kit for Jeep CJ
(Sale price shown in cart/checkout)
SKU : MB1522
UPC Code: 686728653072
Vendor : Motobilt
The Motobilt Jeep CJ full width axle conversion kit is a simple way to install a Chevy Dana 44 or Dana 60 front axle in your Jeep CJ. This kit also works with older model Ford 44 and 60 fronts from the 78/79 range. This kit fits Jeep CJ's from 1976 to 1986. The measurement from center pin to center pin on your front axle needs to be between 31 1/2 inches to 32 inches.
Motobilt offers high quality fabricated parts for the DIY fabricator. It requires welding to install. The Motobilt Jeep CJ full width axle conversion kit was designed for ultimate strength and to make your Jeep look great at the same time. The kit features an removable winch plate, 42 inch in wide fabricated bumper assembly, 3/4 inch d-ring mounts that pass through the bumper and welded on both sides, a shackle reversal spring buckets, shackle hangers for the frame, and 4 inch long boomerang shackles. The kit moves the front axle forward as much as possible without relocating the steering box. The kit is designed to work with Jeep YJ leafs springs or Jeep CJ rear springs. The front bumper features a built in bottle opener on the bottom side.
The bumper, and winch plate are fabricated from 3/16 inch high strength steel plate. The side frame plate, spring buckets, shackle hangers, and shackles are fabricated from 1/4 inch high strength steel plate. The included d-ring mounts are fabricated from 3/4 inch thick high strength steel plate.
- Jeep CJ full width axle conversion kit
- Bumper and winch plate are fabricated from 3/16 inch high strength steel plate
- Side frame plate, spring buckets, shackle hangers, and shackles 1/4 inch high strength steel plate
- D-ring mounts are fabricated from 3/4 inch thick high strength steel plate
- Sold as kit
- Weight = 64lbs
- This kit does not include leaf springs, u-bolts, u-bolt plates, shocks, shock mounts, poly bushings and longer brake lines. Motobilt can supply these parts for an additional price
- This kit is Not a bolt on product
- Front axle is moved foward approximately 2 inches.
- Welding required