Shipping Clerk APPLY NOW
Motobilt Inc, located in Ozark, Alabama is looking to add a full-time Shipping Clerk to their dynamic team.
Position Summary: Responsible for preparing items for shipment. Confirms identifying information and counts, weights, or measures of items on incoming and outgoing shipments. Verifies information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records.
Motobilt, Inc. is a USA-based manufacturer specializing in aftermarket products for Jeeps and off-road vehicles. With a commitment to quality and innovation, Motobilt has established itself as a premium brand in the off-road industry. The company takes pride in its in-house manufacturing capabilities, leveraging state-of-the-art technology and a team of dedicated professionals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and understand packing lists, bill of ladings and shipping and receiving instructions
- Pulling orders, packing orders, making boxes, cleaning metal parts
- Familiar with appropriate methods of shipment and proper packaging requirements
- Operates the stretch wrap banders
- Assist manager in unpacking, examining and routing incoming shipments, rejecting damaged items
- Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping material on hand at all times.
- Verifies information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, etc.
- Reports defective material or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Responsible for maintaining equipment and follows all safely regulations as required
- Ability to safely lift to 70 lbs.
- Monitor equipment and request maintenance when required
- Perform simple maintenance and repairs as required
- Must be able to read tape measure, use pry bar, be trained on, and operate forklift, use hammer, wrenches, and all common hand tools
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required to cross-train as back-up in other areas of the manufacturing plant and other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of position.
- Must be have reliable transportation and a good work ethic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Strong work history
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must have at least 1 year of Shipping / Receiving experience.
Must be able to work in hot and cold environment.
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Blue Cross / Blue Shield health and dental insurance is available after 90 days of continuous employment. Vacation and sick hours are also offered after one year of continuous employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 401K Program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Shipping & Receiving: 2 years (Required)