Back Half Frame Kit w/ Stubby rear bumper for 04-06 Jeep LJ
SKU : MB3020-S
Vendor : Motobilt
Product Type : Frame Kit
The Motobilt Jeep LJ back half kit is the most complete on the market. This kit replaces the back section of frame rails to allow space to clear coilover shocks and increase departure angle. How does the the Jeep LJ back half kit do this? The Motobilt kit moves the frame rails from inside the wheel opening to the bottom side of the tube. In doing so the bumper location is moved up to just below the tailgate. This kit requires an experienced welder/fabricator to install.
Building custom four link suspension on a Jeep LJ does not have to be difficult. The Motobilt Jeep LJ back half kit is an effective way to gain clearance for suspension components like coilovers shocks, bypass shocks, or ORI struts. The Jeep LJ Back Half Kit moves the frame rails to the bottom side of the tube. The frame rails will mount directly to the bottom side of the rear floor board for a tight compact fit. It should be noted the kit requires cutting sheet metal on the body just below the tailgate to allow the frame rails to extend out. The bumper is then attached in this new location. The Motobilt kit comes complete with a rear bumper.
What does the Motobilt Jeep LJ back half kit include? The kit includes 7 parts total in the shipment. Two lower frame rails sections and two upper frame rail sections. The installer will joint the upper and lower sections together during the mock up stage of the installation. The fifth part is the rear bumper assembly. The rear bumper comes complete with 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts. The kit also comes with two end caps for the bumper and frame. These are welded in place to attach the rear bumper.
All of the parts of this kit other than the d-ring mounts are fabricated from 3/16 inch high strength steel plate and formed on a press brake. Unlike some of the other kits on the market we do not require you to purchase square tubing to complete the project. With that said we provide a flat point on the back center of the rear bumper for the installer to triangulate some round tubing if required. The 3/4 inch thick high strength steel plate d-ring mounts pass all the way through the rear bumper and weld in place on both sides for ultimate strength. The d-rings have a 1 inch hole in them.
- Jeep LJ Back Half Kit with 50 inch stubby rear bumper
- 3/16 inch high strength steel plate
- Press brake formed
- 3/4 inch thick high strength steel plate d-ring mounts
- Sold as kit
- Weight: 98lbs (approx.)
The kit includes 7 parts total in the shipment
- Two lower frame rails sections and two upper frame rail sections
- The installer will joint the upper and lower sections together during the mock up stage of the installation
- The fifth part is the rear bumper assembly. The rear bumper comes complete with 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts
- The kit also comes with two end caps for the bumper and frame. These are welded in place to attach the rear bumper
- This kit will not work with the factory gas tank. Most people mount a fuel cell in the bed of the Jeep
- The kit will not work with the factory coil springs
- This kit is designed for more advanced Jeep builds where suspension and driving requirements demand more space and clearance
- This kit requires an experienced welder/fabricator to install
- Dispatch: Within 24 Hours
- Free shipping across all products on a minimum purchase of $50.
- International delivery time - 7-10 business days
- Cash on delivery might be available
- Easy 30 days returns and exchanges
If you do not like the product you can return it within 15 days - no questions asked. This excludes bodysuits, swimwear and clearance sale items. We have an easy and hassle free return policy. Please look at our Delivery & Returns section for further information.
Nam tempus turpis at metus scelerisque placerat nulla deumantos solicitud felis. Pellentesque diam dolor, elementum etos lobortis des mollis ut risus. Sedcus faucibus an sullamcorper mattis drostique des commodo pharetras loremos.Donec pretium egestas sapien et mollis. Pellentesque diam dolor cosmopolis etos lobortis.
- Comodous in tempor ullamcorper miaculis.
- Pellentesque vitae neque mollis urna mattis laoreet.
- Divamus sit amet purus justo.
- Proin molestie egestas orci ac suscipit risus posuere loremous.