15 Gallon Fuel Cell for Jeep TJ/LJ Fuel Pump
SKU : MB5005-TJ-1
Vendor : Motobilt
Product Type : Fuel Cell
Collections : Aluminum Products, Behind the Seat Mount Fuel Cells, Best selling products, Best Selling Products, Fuel Cells & Parts, Jeep LJ 04-06, Jeep TJ 97-06, Motobilt, Parts $101 - $500, Products,
The Motobilt Jeep TJ/LJ fuel cell was designed to mount in the bed of your Jeep TJ or LJ. It will use your factory Jeep TJ or LJ fuel pump and is made out of 1/8 inch aluminum that is TIG welded. Motobilt offers a solution for relocating the fuel tank in your Jeep TJ. The Motobilt MB5005-TJ was designed to use the stock Jeep TJ fuel pump and designed to fit in the back bed of your Jeep. (See Notes) It is 30 inch x 12 inch x 9 inch and can fit behind your seat if you choose too. The tank has a capacity of roughly 15 US gallons. The Motobilt fuel tank is CNC cut from 1/8 inch aluminum and formed on a press brake, is TIG welded for ultimate strength and includes a large D-ring style cap. This can be converted to remote fill by purchasing a different filler neck system that utilizes a 12 bolt, 5.38 bolt circle flange. The Motobilt MB3000 fuel cell mount will fit this tank perfectly.
The optional kit consists of three parts: (Not included) the main under tank plate and two clamp bodies. The under tank plate is CNC Laser Cut from 1/8 inch high strength steel plate. You can weld your own mounting brackets to the bottom if needed or utilize the 8 bolt holes already in the mount. The 2 clamp down bodies capture the top and all four sides of the tank and bolt securely to the mounting base. These parts are CNC Laser Cut but from 18 gauge steel. The parts are formed on a hydraulic press break. This mount will ensure your fuel cell is mounted securely. The Motobilt tank features 2 fittings on top of the tank which has a brass roll over valve for a vent line and a second fitting for the return line on newer 2005-2006 Jeeps. If you have an older TJ/LJ then simply cap the second fitting. The MB5005-TJ Fuel Cell already has the provisions for the clamping ring cnc cut into the tank. This means the clamping ring and pump will bolt in with no cutting or drilling necessary!
This fuel cell is used for applications where you are extending the wheel base and the rear axle would contact the factory fuel tank. It would also be used in situations where more ground clearance is needed. This kit works perfectly with the Motobilt Jeep TJ Back Half kit or Motobilt Jeep LJ back half kit, where the frame rails are moved up and in for ultimate clearance.
- Jeep TJ/LJ aluminum fuel cell
- 30 inch x 12 inch x 9 inch
- 15 US gallons capacity
- CNC cut from 1/8 inch aluminum
- Press brake formed
- Includes a large D-ring style cap
- 1 Tig welded threaded insert with 90 degree brass rollover valve with barbed fitting
- 1 Tig welded -8 AN fitting for return line on 2005-2006 Jeeps. Earlier models will cap off this fitting.
- Weight = 19lbs
- This Fuel Cell Does Not mount in between the frame rails. It will only mount inside the bed of the Jeep
- Mount sold separately PN MB3000
- You must purchase the JEEP TJ FUEL PUMP CLAMPING RING 97-06 WRANGLER TJ if you have not already done so previously.
- We recommend using Permatex 80016 Form-A-Gasket number 2 Sealant to seal the contact surfaces. Including the fuel filler cap assembly as the gasket can deteriorate due to ethanol.
- 2006 TJ fuel pump requires the factory plastic to be slightly trimmed to fit the clamping ring.
- 2005 & 2006 TJ's may require the seat to be remounted / moved in order to clear this fuel cell.
FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY.
- Dispatch: Within 24 Hours
- Free shipping across all products on a minimum purchase of $50.
- International delivery time - 7-10 business days
- Cash on delivery might be available
- Easy 30 days returns and exchanges
If you do not like the product you can return it within 15 days - no questions asked. This excludes bodysuits, swimwear and clearance sale items. We have an easy and hassle free return policy. Please look at our Delivery & Returns section for further information.
Nam tempus turpis at metus scelerisque placerat nulla deumantos solicitud felis. Pellentesque diam dolor, elementum etos lobortis des mollis ut risus. Sedcus faucibus an sullamcorper mattis drostique des commodo pharetras loremos.Donec pretium egestas sapien et mollis. Pellentesque diam dolor cosmopolis etos lobortis.
- Comodous in tempor ullamcorper miaculis.
- Pellentesque vitae neque mollis urna mattis laoreet.
- Divamus sit amet purus justo.
- Proin molestie egestas orci ac suscipit risus posuere loremous.