19 Gallon Fuel Cell for Jeep TJ / LJ
SKU : MB5010-TJ
Vendor : Motobilt
Product Type : Fuel Cell
Collections : Behind the Seat Mount Fuel Cells, Best selling products, Best Selling Products, Fuel Cells & Parts, Jeep LJ 04-06, Jeep TJ 97-06, Motobilt, Parts $101 - $500, Universal Mount Fuel Cells,
Motobilt MB5010-TJ offers a solution for relocating the fuel tank in your Jeep TJ. The Motobilt MB5010-TJ/LJ was designed to use the stock Jeep TJ fuel pump and designed to fit in the back bed of your Jeep. It is 30 x 12 x 12 inch. This will Not fit behind your seat. The tank has a capacity of roughly 18.7 US gallons. The Motobilt fuel tank is CNC cut from 1/8 inch aluminum and formed on a press brake, is TIG welded for ultimate strength and includes a large D-ring style cap. This can be converted to remote fill by purchasing a different filler neck system that utilizes a 12 bolt, 5.38 bolt circle flange. The Motobilt fuel cell mount will fit this tank perfectly.
The kit consists of three parts the main under tank plate and two clamp bodies. The under tank plate is CNC Laser Cut from 1/8 inch high strength steel plate. You can weld your own mounting brackets to the bottom if needed or utilize the 8 bolt holes already in the mount. The 2 clamp down bodies capture the top and all four sides of the tank and bolt securely to the mounting base. These parts are CNC Laser Cut but from 18 gauge steel. The parts are formed on a hydraulic press break. This mount will ensure your fuel cell is mounted securely.
The Motobilt tank features one fitting on top of the tank which has a roll over valve for a vent line. The MB5010-TJ Fuel Cell already has the provisions for the clamping ring cnc cut into the tank. This means the clamping ring and pump will bolt in with no cutting or drilling necessary! Once the ring is installed, we recommend using Permatex 80016 Form-A-Gasket number 2 Sealant to seal the contact surfaces. This is a sealant we have used in the shop numerous times over the years for sealing filler caps on fuel cells.
This fuel cell is used for applications where you are extending the wheel base and the rear axle would contact the factory fuel tank. It would also be used in situations where more ground clearance is needed. This kit works perfectly with the Motobilt Jeep TJ Back Half kit or Motobilt Jeep LJ back half kit, where the frame rails are moved up and in for ultimate clearance.
- Fuel tank in your Jeep TJ
- 30 inch x12 inch x 12 inch
- Roughly 18.7 US gallons capacity
- 1 Tig welded threaded insert with 90 degree brass rollover valve with barbed fitting
- 1 Tig welded -8 AN fitting for return line on 2005-2006 Jeeps. Earlier models will cap off this fitting.
- CNC cut from 1/8 inch aluminum
- Press brake formed
- TIG welded for ultimate strength
- Includes a large D-ring style cap
- Sold as kit
- Weight = 15lbs
- This Fuel Cell Does Not mount in between the frame rails. It will only mount inside the bed of the Jeep
- This Fuel Cell Does Not fit behind the factory seat
- You must purchase the Clamping ring MB5007 if you have not already done so previously.
- Fuel mount sold separately PN MB5010
- We recommend using Permatex 80016 Form-A-Gasket number 2 Sealant to seal the contact surfaces
FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY.