Back Half Frame Kit for Jeep YJ
SKU : MB3001
Vendor : Motobilt
Product Type : Frame Kit
The Motobilt Jeep YJ Back Half Kit is designed with function in mind. We may not be the cheapest but we certainly offer the best product on the market with years of experience to back up the product design. Motobilt is defined by high quality parts and design. The Motobilt Jeep YJ Back Half Kit was designed to meet a few different needs. The journey started about 15 years ago when Dan DuBose back halved his Jeep YJ to make more room for shocks and to gain ground clearance in the rear. Over the years the hand made design evolved into laser cut and formed parts. The design has been refined with specific goals in mind.
The Motobilt Jeep YJ Back Half Kit was 3D CAD designed in Solidworks for a precision fit. The parts are then CNC laser cut from 3/16 inch thick flat steel plate, formed on a press brake, and then welded. This design and fabrication approach allows us to do things that simple box tube parts can not. The rear bumper is integrated into the design. The bumper features a very tight fitting profile with 3/4 inch thick d-ring mounts.
Why installed the Motobilt Back Half Kit on your Jeep YJ? This kit provides room to mount coilover shocks and not hit the frame rails. We moved the frame rails from the factory location in the rear wheel well to under the rear floor board. This allows plenty of room to get your coilover shock angles set up correctly. Another reason is to gain about 7 inches of ground clearance in the rear bumper area.
This part requires extensive cutting and welding. It is recommend to have someone experienced installed this kit. It will require cutting the frame in half, cutting the body below the tailgate to allow the new frame to pass through, and welding the parts in place. Motobilt also recommends connecting your roll cage to the frame rails for added support. This kit will also require you install a fuel cell. The factory gas tank will not work with this kit.
- Jeep YJ Back Half Kit
- Fits Jeep YJ 1987-1995
- Moves frame rails under the rear floor
- Improves departure angle
- Increases ground clearance in the rear
- Includes a built in rear bumper
- Laser cut from 3/16 inch steel plate
- Provides a clean place to mount air bump stops
- Sold as kit
- Weight: 75lbs (approx.)
- This part requires extensive cutting and welding. It is recommend to have someone experienced installed this kit
- It will require cutting the frame in half, cutting the body below the tailgate to allow the new frame to pass through, and welding the parts in place
- Motobilt also recommends connecting your roll cage to the frame rails for added support
- This kit will also require you install a fuel cell. The factory gas tank will not work with this kit
- When installing do not remove the body as the factory body mounts in the center of the floor board are used to locate the back half kit when installing.
- The frame needs to be cut at the beginning of the bend. The frame rail section must be straight in order for the new frame rail sections to slide over the factory frame rails.
- Dispatch: Within 24 Hours
- Free shipping across all products on a minimum purchase of $50.
- International delivery time - 7-10 business days
- Cash on delivery might be available
- Easy 30 days returns and exchanges
If you do not like the product you can return it within 15 days - no questions asked. This excludes bodysuits, swimwear and clearance sale items. We have an easy and hassle free return policy. Please look at our Delivery & Returns section for further information.
Nam tempus turpis at metus scelerisque placerat nulla deumantos solicitud felis. Pellentesque diam dolor, elementum etos lobortis des mollis ut risus. Sedcus faucibus an sullamcorper mattis drostique des commodo pharetras loremos.Donec pretium egestas sapien et mollis. Pellentesque diam dolor cosmopolis etos lobortis.
- Comodous in tempor ullamcorper miaculis.
- Pellentesque vitae neque mollis urna mattis laoreet.
- Divamus sit amet purus justo.
- Proin molestie egestas orci ac suscipit risus posuere loremous.