Spare Tire Carrier w/ 8 LUG Pattern for Jeep JL
SKU : MB1089-8LUG
UPC Code: 686728656066
Vendor : Motobilt
Motobilt introduces the Jeep JL 2018 + spare tire carrier for 8 on 6.5" wheel lug patterns. With many people now swapping in 1 ton axles into their Jeep we now offer this version of the tire carrier to use the popular 8 x 6.5" bolt pattern. This heavy duty tire carrier is a must have if you are running larger tires on your Jeep. The stock setup is not equipped to handle the extra weight of a larger tire and wheel setup. Our design takes all of the stress off of the factory tail gate and transfers it to our heavy duty steel carrier. The new JL tire carrier was designed using cutting edge computer modeling software. We laser cut, cnc form, and hand weld each unit to ensure it is perfect. We also engineered it to install easily with basic hand tools.
- Weight: 58lbs (approx.)
- 8 x 6.5 inch Lug pattern for 1 ton axle swaps
- 3/16 inch laser cut and cnc formed steel
- CAD designed for perfect fit
- Will hold up to a 40 inch tire.
- 12 mounting points vs the factory 4 mounting points
- Multiple adjustments both vertically and front to back for optimal tire position.
- Same wheel lug size and thread as stock sizes
- Designed to work with License plate/camera mount relocation kit MB2115
- Integrated design allows you to open and close easily with factory door handle.
- Will work with factory bumper or aftermarket bumpers.
- Greasable mounting bolts at pivot points on hinges
- High density hinge bushings with steel inner liners
- Includes necessary mounting hardware.
- Includes hardware
- Thread 3/8-16
- Our tires carriers are designed to fit a wheel backspacing of 4.25" to 5.5" with tires larger than stock. If you need a larger wheel backspacing, you can add a wheel spacer (not included).
Easy to open and close
Easy to bolt on Motobilt accessories
Increased load capacity.
Adjustable tire position allows clearance for up to a 40 inch tire.
- Ships bare metal and will need to be painted or powder coated.
- Factory tailgate catch must be removed.